points - Details)
NATIONAL BESTSELLER • Discover the life-changing benefit of essential oils and aromatherapy in this soup-to-nuts guide from the host of the Essential Oil Revolution summits
“A powerful new approach that can help you safely reverse the effects of modern scourges, including depression, chronic stress, and mood disorders.”—Alan Christianson, N.M.D., New York Times bestselling author of The Adrenal Reset Diet
Aromatic plants and their extracted oils have been used medicinally and in religious traditions for thousands of years; they represent nature in its most concentrated form. Through modern distillation processes, essential oils offer natural treatments for a host of health conditions, from anxiety and depression to hormonal imbalance, digestive distress, candida, sleep disorders, and even autoimmune disease. The Healing Power of Essential Oils includes DIY recipes and formulations for all of these health needs and more—all backed by extensive scientific research and the trusted guidance of public health researcher and aromatherapist Eric Zielinski, D.C.
Some of the unique recipes you will master:
• Morning Prayer or Meditation Body Oil
• Sweet Slumber Diffuser Blend
• Citrus-Powered Pain Relief Roll-On
• Deet-Free Bug Spray
• Essential Oil-Powered Mouthwash
• Anti-aging Body Butter
• Lemon Fresh Laundry Detergent
• Hot Spot Spray for Pets
• Perineum Healing Soap
• Menopause Relief Ointment
From lavender, peppermint, and frankincense to tea tree and ylang ylang, essential oils are God’s gift to those seeking to take control of their physical and mental health. Whether you’re new to essential oils or you’re ready for advanced techniques, Dr. Z’s thorough, evidence-based approach equips you with the knowledge to build daily rituals that fit your unique needs—and lead to amazing results!
From the Publisher
Lemon Fresh Laundry Detergent
Three 1-gallon glass jar with pump dispensers (available on Amazon) (5-gallon heavy duty plastic buckets with a lid for storage work as well).
1. Grate the entire bar of soap into the stockpot over low heat.
2. Add 5 cups water and raise the heat to medium-high. Stir until the soap is dissolved.
3. Add the OxiClean and washing soda and mix until dissolved.
4. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
5. Pour 1 quart hot water into each of the three containers.
6. Add 2 cups of the soap mixture and 30 drops of essential oil into each container. Stir, then add enough cool water to fill each container.
7. Let the mixture thicken overnight. (If using a plastic bucket, use the lid.)
8. Depending on whether you have a high-efficiency washer, use between ¼ and ½ cup per load.
Stir (if using a plastic bucket for storage) or shake (if storing in a glass bottle) before each use as the detergent may get lumpy or gelatinize.
Also, in case you were wondering, the nonprofit watchdog Environmental Working Group gives both Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda and OxiClean Baby Stain Remover an “A” grade because they have virtually no associated toxic risks. The known ingredients are sodium carbonate peroxide and sodium carbonate, which are both very safe and effective at removing stains.
½ bar Dr. Bronner’s unscented castile soap
¾ cup OxiClean Baby Stain Remover
¾ cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda Household Cleaner & Laundry Booster
One 5 ml bottle of any essential oil (lemongrass, lavender, and ylang ylang all work great; a basic guideline to how many drops is 100 per 5 ml bottle)
Super Quick Cocoa Mint Delight
This homemade chocolate candy is super yummy and will help satisfy that sweet tooth in a healthy way!
Small glass bowl for mixing.
Cupcake liner, muffin tin, or silicone candy mold.
1. Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a cupcake liner, muffin tin, or silicone candy mold and refrigerate until hard (about 30 minutes). Enjoy!
1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
10 drops vanilla-flavored liquid stevia extract
1 drop peppermint essential oil