points - Details)
Tasty, quick, and heart healthy―you really can have it all.
It’s time for some heart-healthy dishes you can happily sink your teeth into. The 30-Minute Low Cholesterol Cookbook replaces bland meals with more than a hundred easy-to-make recipes for savory and sumptuous dishes that complement a low-cholesterol lifestyle.
Want some help getting started with your cholesterol conscious journey? This cookbook has all the health support you need to make informed decisions about what you eat, plus plenty of helpful tips for making the transition as smooth as possible.
The 30-Minute Low Cholesterol Cookbook includes:
- Quick, great tasting meals―Discover how simple healthy eating can be with a collection of yummy dishes that all take 30 minutes or less to prepare.
- 125 tasty recipes―From smoothies and bowls to pasta and dressings, eat well at every meal thanks to a heaping helping of dishes that are high flavor, low cholesterol.
- Common ingredients―Create mouthwatering (and heart-healthy) meals without having to visit specialty grocery stores or deal with hard-to-find ingredients.
Low cholesterol meals that are fast and delicious―let The 30-Minute Low Cholesterol Cookbook show you how it’s done.
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: Almond Strawberry Parfaits
VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE // SERVES 4 // PREP TIME: 15 minutes // COOK TIME: 5 minutes
A great make-ahead dessert, this creamy parfait treat is loaded with fiber and vitamin C, even though it’s sweet. Low-fat ricotta and delightfully creamy Greek yogurt add vitamin D, which can help increase HDL cholesterol levels.
1. In a small saucepan on the stovetop or in a glass bowl in the toaster oven, toast the almonds over low heat until they are golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, yogurt, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, jam, and balsamic vinegar, and mix gently.
4. Make the parfaits by layering the ricotta mixture and the strawberry mixture into 4 parfait or wine glasses.
5. Top each glass with the toasted almonds, and serve. You can make this recipe ahead of time and chill it up to 3 hours.
Per serving: Calories 158; Fat 6g; Saturated fat 2g; Monounsaturated fat 3g; Carbs 20g; Sodium 62mg; Dietary fiber 2g; Protein g; Cholesterol 11mg; Vitamin A 3% DV; Vitamin C 83% DV; Sugar 16g
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons strawberry jam
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar